Who else is excited for the world to be slowly opening up to Australian travellers and for our much missed loved ones to be able to return back to our beautiful Australian soils?
Whilst travel will not be as free and easy as it once was, just knowing we are now able to jump on a plane and visit foreign lands and experience different cultures is a welcome option to have.
For the time being, there will be many checks and balances that need to be completed just to board that plane. However, we are here to guide you through these new formalities and help make the process as simple and easy as possible.
TRAVELLING TO FIJI
International travel to Fiji resumed on 1 December 2021.
Entry requirements for Fiji have eased somewhat and now travellers only require a pre-paid Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), to be administered within 48 to 72 hours of arrival into Fiji (MUST BE PRE-BOOKED AND PRE-PAID PRIOR TO BOARDING YOUR FLIGHT TO FIJI), proof of vaccination and and provide evidence of medical travel insurance, with international coverage that covers COVID-19 before travelling.
PRE-BOOK YOUR IN COUNTRY RAT TEST HERE
FIJI ENTRY CONDITIONS
Travellers do not require any prior approval. However, the following conditions apply and will be verified by the airline:
Prior to Arrival
1. Proof of Vaccination: All travellers 16 years and above must produce proof of full vaccination. Only travellers who are under the age of 16 years will be exempt, provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who is vaccinated. Vaccinated minors below the age of 16 may travel unaccompanied, observing all international travel protocols.
A 14-day waiting period prior to travel following full vaccination applies. Fiji COVID-19 recognised vaccines include AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson (Janssen), Nuvaxovid (Novavax), Coronavac (Sinovac), Covishield, BBIBP-CorV (Sinopharm), Covaxin and Sputnik V.
Refer to these links on how to obtain a COVID-19 International Vaccination Certificate as proof: https://www.passports.gov.au/how-do-i-get-international-covid-19-vaccination-certificate https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/international-covid-19-vaccination-certificate-proof-your-covid-19-vaccinations?context=60091
3. Pre-paid in-country COVID-19 Test: Travellers 12 years and above must produce proof of a pre-booked and pre-paid RAT, to be administered after 48 hours but before 72 hours of arrival into Fiji, at any one of the CRMT approved facilities. You can book your in-country test here. This also applies to travellers transiting Fiji for more than 48 hours.
Travellers who have turned positive within 30 days of travelling into Fiji and are entering Fiji with a proof of the isolation period served from a credible institution or a fit to fly certificate from a medical practitioner, the prepaid in-country RAT requirement does not apply.
4. Travel insurance: All foreign passport holders must have medical travel insurance, with international coverage that covers COVID-19 before travelling. Travellers with existing insurance must present evidence of the cover not excluding COVID-19. Alternatively, travellers may opt for FijiCare COVID-19 travel insurance offered to travellers.
When in Fiji
- As part of Fiji’s enhanced surveillance and monitoring exercise, travellers may undergo random RAT tests upon arrival.
- In-country RAT: After 48 hours but before 72 hours of arrival into Fiji, travellers 12 years and above must take a Pre-Booked and Pre-Paid approved RAT at their hotel or testing facility. If a traveller has entered with a proof of the isolation period served from a credible institution or has a fit to fly certificate from a medical practitioner, the in-country RAT does not apply.
A traveller’s pre-departure COVID-19 test from Fiji can only be considered as the in-country COVID-19 test, once the following conditions are met:
- traveller is spending 5 or less nights in Fiji; and
- traveller has a confirmed outbound ticket from Fiji.
In the event the outbound country does not require a pre-departure COVID-19 test, then the in-country test applies.
The cost of rapid antigen testing will be borne by the hotel or traveller. The swab will be done by trained professionals and certified health professionals affiliated to the hotel.)
If the traveller turns positive during their course of stay in Fiji, the confirmed case will be required to undergo 7 days of isolation. Should the traveller or the insurance provider require a confirmation of PCR, this will be facilitated at the cost of the traveller. All primary/close contacts of the confirmed case will not be required to serve a quarantine period. However, all primary/close contacts need to monitor their COVID-19 symptoms during this period and immediately self-isolate for 7 days if present and inform relevant authorities.
Please note that your onward destination may require more than Fiji’s required 7 days of isolation – Find out what you need to be able to travel back to Australia
3. All national public health measures applied by the Fijian Government will apply.
Travellers may require COVID-19 test results to return to their countries of origin or another destination. The test booking can be facilitated by the hotel or an approved COVID-19 test service provider on advance notice.
PLEASE NOTE: Travellers are reminded that it is their responsibility to ensure they meet the requirements of the airline they are travelling with and any countries they transit through as they may differ from the above.
You will be required to submit Australia’s Digital Passenger Declaration within 72 hours before departure.
From 1 November 2021, modified quarantine arrangements, including home quarantine or no quarantine on arrival, may be available for fully vaccinated travellers coming to Australia from overseas.
States and territories are responsible for determining and managing quarantine requirements. Check with the state or territory that you are returning to for their quarantine requirements.
For more information on the entry and travel requirements for Fiji, visit:
For information on your airline’s COVID-19 travel requirements, visit:
FIJI AIRWAYS: https://www.fijiairways.com/en-au/book/travel-ready-hub
Fiji is eagerly waiting to welcome back travellers with open arms, and we are here to help our divers get back to exploring Fiji’s warm and inviting waters.
Contact us on 02 9299 4633 or 03 9646 5945 or [email protected] to organise your next Fiji Dive Adventure.
TRAVELLING DURING COVID-19
Travellers will need to ensure they have checked and met all COVID-19 requirements for:
- Departure from Australia
- Entry and travel requirements for your international destination/s (including any transit countries)
- Entry requirements for your return to Australia (both federal government requirements and state/port of entry requirements)
- Departure from and re-entry requirements back to your state / territory of residence
- COVID-19 travel requirements of each airline you will be travelling on
These may include mandatory health declarations and COVID-19 testing, vaccinations, use of face masks, entry permits, pre-approval and quarantine (possibly at your own expense), mandatory travel insurance covering medical expenses for COVID-19, or you could be denied entry to your destination/s.
Visa and immigration requirements for your destination may also have changed since you last travelled.
Remember to check https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ and https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/ and the relevant government websites for all countries you will be travelling through, including your final destination, before you travel.
Please note that on your return, the conditions of entry for Australia and the requirements of the state / territory you arrive into, transit and reside in may all differ.
For information on the Federal Government’s requirements for departure and entry to Australia, visit: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid19 and https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel/inbound#predeparture-covid19-testing-requirements
For information on the entry / border requirements for each of Australia’s states / territories, visit:
Please ensure you also check the links provided in the above to each state / territory government’s COVID-19 website.
- Remember to keep checking for any changes to travel restrictions and border requirements prior to departure AND whilst you are away.
- Entry and travel requirements may be constantly changing and updates on the relevant websites may have a time lag.
- Make sure your passport has at least 6 months validity past your return date to Australia and at least two blank pages.
- Travel insurance including COVID-19 medical coverage is strongly recommended and is mandatory for travel to some countries.
- Defer your travel if you feel unwell. Monitor and test for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Pack face masks, hand sanitiser and some RAT tests.
- Be aware that you are travelling during a pandemic. Disruptions to your travel plans may occur at any time with minimal notice as a flow on effect of COVID-19. Be prepared to expect the unexpected – be kind to others and be kind to yourself!
If you have any questions about travelling during COVID-19, please speak to your Dive Adventures travel consultant.
from our Dive Adventures Family
The above information is correct as at 1 November 2021 and is subject to change at any time without notice (updated 31 May 22).